The staff at Maui Individualized Learning Center provide a wide variety of educational qualifications that will provide the direction, instruction, guidance and care to ensure learning at the maximum levels achievable.
Nadine Newlight: Director
With more than 20 years as a professional educator, Nadine has worked with multicultural groups, is fluent in English, French and Spanish. One of her strongest suits is the fact that she understands and empathizes with people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. Trained in facilitating physical, emotional and mental development and highly skilled in motivating others to fulfill their potential, is another. She also possesses considerable experience in developing programs, plans and curricula for individuals and groups. She takes initiative and expresses strong determination in sponsoring, promoting and coordinating workshops.
“I take my responsibility to provide the finest educational results to my students as a commitment to excellence with integrity and ability to follow through.” Nadine Newlight.
- Sponsored, promoted, and taught developmental self-awareness programs and apprentice teacher trainings in New York, London, Barcelona, Canada and Chile.
- Developed and administered executive stress-reduction programs in Paris, Dublin, Amsterdam and Brazil.
- Developed and Implemented physical education programs for luxury tours and cruises.
- Introduced environmental education to NYC middle schools.
- Created, marketed and taught the first Keiki Klown Kamp at the MACC, summer 2003.
- Graduate Study (Environmental Education), Pace University, New York City, New York.
- Undergraduate Study (Biology) City University of New York (Brooklyn College).
- Diplomas, Alliance Francais, Paris, France; Escuela de la Lengua Espanola, Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Affiliations and Honours:
- Mensa, team member (Hong Kong Champions, 1998), 1963 – present.
- Hong Kong Association of Business and Professional Women, Board Member and convention delegate, 1995-2000. Grantee, Beijing, 1995 and Venice, 1996.
- Women Business Owner’s Club (Hong Kong), Board Member (1997-2000). Nominee for “Woman Entrepreneur of the year (new business), 1996.
- Professional Women in Health (Hong Kong), founding member, 1995-2000.
Marsha ‘Firehawk’ Lash: Academic Director
Professional and Educational Skills:
- Tutoring children with special needs.
- Curriculum development
- Grant writing
- Project Management
- Educational Administration
- Training and instruction of students and staff
- Media Community outreach including radio, TV and printe media
- Community Organizer for women and children including homeless and abused populations
Marsha’s experience includes tutoring children with special needs due to trauma and dyslexia; hiring and training educational tutors, plan curricula, develop and facilitate community outreach and office administration duties.
- Technical writer (developed documentation for legal software)
- Project Management
- Retail Management
- Oral Historian
- Curriculum Development
- Bookkeeper / AP / AR / Payroll
- Published Author: A Handbook on Medical
- Careers; Explorations in Southern Ute History; The Southern Utes: A Tribal History to name a few.
Kathleen Munsen: Academic Director
An in depth background in Public Relations, problem solving and organizational skills plus over 10 years experience working with physically, emotionally and behaviorally challenged children, and her ability to work as a team member and exceptional communication skills qualifies Kathleen as a consummate educator.
Among her other qualifications:
- Counseled adults and children regarding personal and family issues
- Implemented behavior modification programs for public school children
- Liaisoned between special needs providers, students, and families
- Tutor for Maui School District (1999)
- Teacher – Maui School District (1998-1999)
- School Program Coordinator (1998) National Tropical Botanical Garden
- Special Student Assistant (1988 – 1997) Victoria School District Gardener/Landscaper (1992 – 1997) Victoria, B.C.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Portland State University, Portland Oregon
- Learning Disabilities Program – Victoria, B. C.
- Peer Counseling Program – Esquimalt Community Center, Victoria, B. C.